New Delhi: The BJP-led NDA clinched a landslide win in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls which happened in 542 constituencies across seven phases from April 11 to May 19.
The BJP secured a thumping majority in the general elections from the 90-crore electorate, with PM Modi set to get re-elected as the nation's Prime Minister for a second successive term. As per the last trends on the results, the National Democratic Alliance was on line to win an unprecedented 350 seats.
Here are ten factors which are reflective of BJP's unprecedented win in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections
1. BJP got its highest ever mandate in the general elections since independence.
2. The Bharatiya Janata Party recorded their highest ever seat tally, crossing the 300-mark as per the latest trends on the election results. The party had won 282 seats in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
3. The Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance got its highest ever vote share since independence. The NDA all India vote share is reported at around 49 percent in the 2019 general elections.
4. Narendra Modi became only the second Prime Minister to get re-elected with full majority in the history of India's democracy since independence.
5. The Bharatiya Janata Party won 22 seats in Rajasthan with at least a vote margin of more than 2 lakh votes.
6. The Bharatiya Janata Party swept the Hindi heartland states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and maintained their stranglehold in the western Indian states of India, sweeping both Rajasthan and Gujarat.
7. The Bharatiya Janata Party made massive inroads in the Eastern part of India, cutting into the opposition vote bank and securing a handful of seats in West Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand.
8.The Bharatiya Janata Party secured more than 50 percent vote share in 15 states across India.
9. The BJP on its own was on track to cross the 300-seat mark as the latest trends reflect them leading on 290 seats.
10. The Bharatiya Janata Party accomplished its best ever result in the North-East region.