Ab Tak 312: Here are things less known about encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma, cop who arrested Iqbal Kaskar
Encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma was, reportedly, involved with the deaths of as many as 312 criminals.
Iqbal was taken into custody from his house in Nagpada area in Central Mumbai. The arrest of Dawood's brother has made many headlines but very less is talked about the cop Pradeep Sharma.
So here are some less known facts about inspector Pradeep Sharma:
- Sharma attained notability as an "encounter specialist" with the Mumbai Encounter Squad.
- He was, reportedly, involved with the deaths of as many as 312 criminals.
- As per reports, on 31 August 2008, Pradeep Sharma was dismissed from the Mumbai police on charges of corruption but was reinstated on 16th August, 2017 after the cop was proven innocent of those charges.
- Sharma claimed his dismissal was made on the basis of information given by Chotta Rajan
- Sharma joined the State Police Service in 1983 as a sub-inspector.
- In his career spanned 25 years, he earned fame for not only "encounter killings" but also killing bosses and terrorists belonging to the Lashkar-e-Toiba.
- Several media sources have nicknamed Pradeep Sharma "Bombay's Dirty Harry."
- Pradeep Sharma has drawn comparisons with the Clint Eastwood character and inspired several Bollywood movies.
National Unity Day: A tribute to Sardar Patel | Master Stroke
What all changed after J&K officially bifurcated into 2 UTs? | Master Stroke
Israeli spyware Pegasus snooped on Indian Journalists through Whatsapp | Master Stroke
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut Meets Sharad Pawar
Drill displays IED diffused with the help of a robot by NSG
Article 370 only gave separatism and terrorism to J&K: PM Modi in Kevadiya
Let us work towards making India $5 trillion economy: Modi To Trainee Civil Servant | Full Speech
Radio Stations in Jammu, Srinagar and Leh renamed
Jammu and Kashmir to witness 'Acche Din'? | Seedha Sawal
Expert advice on how to survive poor air quality in Delhi-NCR