'Modi firebombed the poor with demonetisation'
Highlights of Rahul Gandhi's speech:
- 94 percent of the blackmoney is in foreign banks, real estate and invested in land deals and gold, but PM is running only after rest 6 percent, Rahul said while addressing a rally in Jaunpur, UP.
- The decision made on Nov 8 was not against black money or corruption, but against farmers, the poor.
- All cash is not black and all black money is not in cash.
- Met PM Modi to seek wavier of farmers' loans, but he was non-committal.
- You (PM) waive off loans of the rich people but not of the poor farmers.
- After November 8, PM gave a Rs 1200 crore 'toffee' to Vijay Mallya.
- In India, 50 families have the most amount of wealth courtesy PM Modi. These people roam across the world with him and he even uses their planes.
- Modi has firebombed the poor of the country.
- In WW2, there was a new technique of bombing ppl, firebombs were dropped on a city by 200 planes. City would be burnt to ashes:Rahul Gandhi
- A lady named Lakshmi from Bengaluru sold flowers. At 4 am she used to go out and buy flowers through cash, people also bought from her through cash, but now after after the demonetisation drive by the Modi govt, Lakshmi is forced to beg.
- The purpose of note ban was "Garib ka khincho, Amir ko sincho (extract from the poor and help the rich)", he said.
- Interestingly, at the rally, when some workers shouted slogans against Modi, Rahul asked them to desist from making personal attacks.
- "Our fight against Narendra Modi is political, please don't raise 'murdabad' slogans against him...such language is used by fascists and RSS, not Congress," he told them.
Recently, Rahul Gandhi dubbed demonetisation as "Modi-made disaster". He claimed PM Modi would write off Rs 8 lakh crore loans of the 50 rich families who funded his election campaign from the money people have deposited in banks after the note ban.
Gandhi alleged that about Rs six lakh crore was deposited in the banks in September before the announcement of demonetisation move and the money belonged to BJP and Modi's friends.
"Demonetisation is not an action against black money, but against 99 per cent of the honest people of India. This is an attack against poor people of India. Ours is the fight for poor and honest people and we will fight it across India. We will remove this suited-booted government from Delhi and we will show how it is done," he had said.
Congress VP last week alleged that he has detailed information about "personal corruption" by PM Modi which he wants to present in Lok Sabha but is not being allowed to do so by the PM.
"The Prime Minister is personally terrified of me being allowed to open my mouth inside Lok Sabha because I have information about the Prime Minister that is going to explode his balloon. And I am not being allowed to speak in the House," he told reporters in Parliament premises
(With PTI inputs)
National Unity Day: A tribute to Sardar Patel | Master Stroke
What all changed after J&K officially bifurcated into 2 UTs? | Master Stroke
Israeli spyware Pegasus snooped on Indian Journalists through Whatsapp | Master Stroke
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut Meets Sharad Pawar
Drill displays IED diffused with the help of a robot by NSG
Article 370 only gave separatism and terrorism to J&K: PM Modi in Kevadiya
Let us work towards making India $5 trillion economy: Modi To Trainee Civil Servant | Full Speech
Radio Stations in Jammu, Srinagar and Leh renamed
Jammu and Kashmir to witness 'Acche Din'? | Seedha Sawal
Expert advice on how to survive poor air quality in Delhi-NCR