Andhra Pradesh: Six workers die in poisonous gas leak at steel unit
"Carbon monoxide is the main gas used for reheating process and its leak caused the mishap," said SP Kumar.
"As per preliminary information, two workers died on the spot and four others in the hospital. Carbon monoxide is the main gas used for reheating process and its leak caused the mishap," the SP said.
There was no clear information about injuries to other workers, he said, adding rescue operation was being carried out.
The steel mill, located at Tadipatri, belongs to Brazilian firm Gerdau, a leading producer of long steel in the American sub-continent.
Andhra Pradesh deputy chief minister (Home) N China Rajappa expressed grief over the deaths.
National Unity Day: A tribute to Sardar Patel | Master Stroke
What all changed after J&K officially bifurcated into 2 UTs? | Master Stroke
Israeli spyware Pegasus snooped on Indian Journalists through Whatsapp | Master Stroke
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut Meets Sharad Pawar
Drill displays IED diffused with the help of a robot by NSG
Article 370 only gave separatism and terrorism to J&K: PM Modi in Kevadiya
Let us work towards making India $5 trillion economy: Modi To Trainee Civil Servant | Full Speech
Radio Stations in Jammu, Srinagar and Leh renamed
Jammu and Kashmir to witness 'Acche Din'? | Seedha Sawal
Expert advice on how to survive poor air quality in Delhi-NCR