Budget 2018: Govt’s SHOCKER to middle-class; Will 55 cr people return the favour?
“Government has made enough changes in the last three years on Income Tax rates, therefore it does not propose to any further changes in the same”.
Though Jaitley never said it again, his Union budget says the same.
The entire budget was for poor and farmers, but ignored a large section of the society which comprises of the middle class.
In his budget, which falls just an year ahead of general elections, Government gave no relief to the 55 crore population of middle-class; which is suppressed under the weight of taxes.
Speaking on the IT rates, Finance Minister said “Government has made enough changes in the last three years on Income Tax rates, therefore it does not propose to any further changes in the same”.
How will budget affect middle class?
- No change in salary relaxation
- No change in tax slab
- Only a standard deduction of Rs 40,000 would take place, that is Rs 40,000 would be deducted from the entire salary and the tax would be levied on the remaining amount
- The relaxation of Rs 15,000 which employees had on medical bills has been revoked and the amount has been included in gross salary
- Also, the relaxation of Rs 19,200 which the employees had on transport allowance have also been revoked
- Education and health cess has been increased from 3% to 4%
It is important to note that around 55 crore people of the country belong to low to medium salaried class. Also, around 32% of these people votes for Bharatiya Janta Party in 2014 elections and 20% votes for Congress.
Considering the shocker BJP government has given to this section of the society, the coming year elections could give a shocker to BJP.
National Unity Day: A tribute to Sardar Patel | Master Stroke
What all changed after J&K officially bifurcated into 2 UTs? | Master Stroke
Israeli spyware Pegasus snooped on Indian Journalists through Whatsapp | Master Stroke
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut Meets Sharad Pawar
Drill displays IED diffused with the help of a robot by NSG
Article 370 only gave separatism and terrorism to J&K: PM Modi in Kevadiya
Let us work towards making India $5 trillion economy: Modi To Trainee Civil Servant | Full Speech
Radio Stations in Jammu, Srinagar and Leh renamed
Jammu and Kashmir to witness 'Acche Din'? | Seedha Sawal
Expert advice on how to survive poor air quality in Delhi-NCR