Mumbai downpour: Here is what is going on in commercial capital of India
standstill following incessant downpour on Tuesday, are likely to be lesser on Wednesday.
Torrential rains pounded the metropolis throughout the day on Tuesday. The city gauged a whopping 298 mm of rainfall, the highest in a day in August since 1997.
Here are live updates on Mumbai rains:
— ANI (@ANI) August 30, 2017
- Man dies after falling into an open manhole on Dadar's Matkar road. Police register case on account of eyewitness (10:57 am)
- Tree fell on a mini bus in Mumbai's Dadar West; No person was injured (10:50 am)
- Operations are normal at Mumbai Airport as of now: Airport PRO (10:07 am)
- Rain starts again in Mumbai
ALSO READ: Bad memories of 2005 Mumbai floods once again haunt Mumbaikars after this present torrential rains
- "If you are stuck on the road , kindly dial 100 or contact us on Twitter. We will assist you," tweets Mumbai police
- Also all educational institutions and many offices are closed today: Subhash Talekar, Spokesperson, Mumbai Dabbawala Association
- Dabbawalas won't operate today as they were not able to collect back lunch boxes which they delivered yesterday: Subhash Talekar, Spokesperson
- Train services resume on Harbour line; Visuals from Guru Tegh Bahadur Nagar railway station
- 3 dead after landslide in Vikhroli's Surya Nagar yesterday
"The Indian Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rainfall for today. However, it is likely to be lesser compared to yesterday," a senior SDMA official said.
The official also said teams of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) are on alert and the Navy too has kept divers and choppers on standby to evacuate people if needed.
Schools and colleges have been asked to remain shut by authorities amid indications of a fresh spell of heavy showers in the megapolis.
The city and its suburbs virtually have a public holiday on Wednesday with Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis advising people to stay back home unless there is an emergency.
(With inputs from agencies)
National Unity Day: A tribute to Sardar Patel | Master Stroke
What all changed after J&K officially bifurcated into 2 UTs? | Master Stroke
Israeli spyware Pegasus snooped on Indian Journalists through Whatsapp | Master Stroke
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut Meets Sharad Pawar
Drill displays IED diffused with the help of a robot by NSG
Article 370 only gave separatism and terrorism to J&K: PM Modi in Kevadiya
Let us work towards making India $5 trillion economy: Modi To Trainee Civil Servant | Full Speech
Radio Stations in Jammu, Srinagar and Leh renamed
Jammu and Kashmir to witness 'Acche Din'? | Seedha Sawal
Expert advice on how to survive poor air quality in Delhi-NCR