Amid chants of 'Jai Sri Ram', Yogi offers prayers at Saryu ghat in Ayodhya
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath offers prayers on the banks of River Saryu, in Ayodhya
- Yogi Adityanath offers prayers at makeshift Ram temple in Ayodhya.
- Adityanath reaches Hanumangarhi temple
- Adityanath reaches Ayodhya. He will also visit ‘Ram Ki Pairi’ at Saryu ghat
— ABP News (@abpnewstv) May 31, 2017
- Yogi Adityanath leaves for Faizabad from Lucknow
- His first visit to Ayodhya comes a day after criminal conspiracy charges were framed against BJP leaders in the 1992 Babri mosque demolition case.
- The chief minister will also visit the Hanuman Garhi temple, the second most famous religious site in Ayodhya.
- The saffron clad leader will be the second chief minister to offer prayers at the Ram Lalla temple after the demolition of the Babri mosque on December 6, 1992. Rajnath Singh was the first chief minister who offered prayers at the site in 2002.
- After landing at Faizabad around 9:00 am, Adityanath will reach the Hanuman Garhi Temple and later go for a ‘darshan’ of Ram Lala. He would be staying for 9 hours in Ayodhya.
- The matter of disputed site is in the Supreme Court but the head priest of Ram Janmabhoomi expects Adityanath to help resolve the issue.
"We will welcome the chief minister as per traditions. We hope he will give an assurance of finding a solution of this despute," head priest Satyendar Das said.
Babri Masjid petitioner Haji Mehboob has objected to chief minister's visit.
"He being everybody's chief minister, he should not visit disputed site. But it's up to him," he said.
Adityanath has always maintained that the hurdles on the path of construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya will be gradually removed and its construction will start soon.
National Unity Day: A tribute to Sardar Patel | Master Stroke
What all changed after J&K officially bifurcated into 2 UTs? | Master Stroke
Israeli spyware Pegasus snooped on Indian Journalists through Whatsapp | Master Stroke
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut Meets Sharad Pawar
Drill displays IED diffused with the help of a robot by NSG
Article 370 only gave separatism and terrorism to J&K: PM Modi in Kevadiya
Let us work towards making India $5 trillion economy: Modi To Trainee Civil Servant | Full Speech
Radio Stations in Jammu, Srinagar and Leh renamed
Jammu and Kashmir to witness 'Acche Din'? | Seedha Sawal
Expert advice on how to survive poor air quality in Delhi-NCR