Three 12-year-old girls hospitalised after taking ecstasy pills in Britain
They are thought to be among the youngest ever to be made dangerously ill by swallowing social drugs, Xinhua news agency reported.
Greater Manchester Police said two were seriously ill and the third was under observation in hospital.
The incident came just weeks after teenager Faye Allen, 17, from nearby Liverpool, died after taking an ecstasy pill at a dance event in Manchester.
Police were alerted to a shopping precinct late on Saturday night after reports that the 12-year-olds had become ill after taking the drug known as "teddy tablets".
Paramedic crews rushed the three girls to hospital in the city as police launched an inquiry to establish who supplied the potentially lethal class-A drugs to the schoolgirls.
National Unity Day: A tribute to Sardar Patel | Master Stroke
What all changed after J&K officially bifurcated into 2 UTs? | Master Stroke
Israeli spyware Pegasus snooped on Indian Journalists through Whatsapp | Master Stroke
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut Meets Sharad Pawar
Drill displays IED diffused with the help of a robot by NSG
Article 370 only gave separatism and terrorism to J&K: PM Modi in Kevadiya
Let us work towards making India $5 trillion economy: Modi To Trainee Civil Servant | Full Speech
Radio Stations in Jammu, Srinagar and Leh renamed
Jammu and Kashmir to witness 'Acche Din'? | Seedha Sawal
Expert advice on how to survive poor air quality in Delhi-NCR