Delhi: Horrific! 'Swiggy' delivery boy dies after falling in pit, gets electrocuted

15 Jul 2018 09:21 AM

Delhi: Horrific! 'Swiggy' delivery boy dies after falling in pit, gets electrocuted

Updated 15 Jul 2018 09:21 AM

In a road mishap in Delhi’s Mayur Vihar, an online food delivery boy died of electrocution after falling in an open pit, while he was on his way for delivery.

The deceased first fell into a pit in Mayur Vihar Phase 1, and later became victim of electric current in a nearby pole.

The deceased man was identified as Rahul and he worked as a delivery boy in Noida’s food delivery company Swiggy.

It is being said that due to waterlogging in a pit, Rahul’s bike got disbalanced and he came under the effect of current from a nearby pole.

The family of the deceased man have accused negligence on the part of the electricity board and Municipal Corporation, for the death of the boy.

They have also alleged that even though Rahul died while on duty, the food delivery company hasn’t come forward with any aid so far.

Swiggy workers and friends of the victim staged a demonstration against the negligence on part of the authorities.

PLAYLIST

Coronavirus: What people should learn from Raj's Bhilwara?

The Maulana who focuses on religion more than deadly outbreak of COVID-19 | Ghanti Bajao (07.04.2020)

Debate: Why are Tablighi Jamaatis resorting to misbehaviour?

The Maulana who threatened leaves LIVE debate in between after cornered by true facts | Sansani (07.04.2020)

India to supply Anti-Malaria drug to US after Trump's request

J&K: On-sight jawan explains the timeline of Keran encounter

LIVE ground report from Mumbai, Pune, Jaipur over COVID-19

82-year-old defeats Coronavirus in Delhi

Over 50 Jamaatis still missing in Maharashtra: HM Anil Deshmukh

People at Daryaganj vegetable market neglect social distancing

Be hopeful with Malini Awasthi amid COVID-19 outbreak | Namaste Bharat (07.04.2020)

People avoid buying milk from Gwaalas out of fear of infection

People avoid buying milk from Gwaalas out of fear of infection

MP: Woman gives birth to healthy baby, names him lockdown

Amroha residents welcome police officials with rose petals