Pakistan Election 2018 Results In Five Points
Pakistan Election: According to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), there were 3,459 candidates who were contesting for 272 general seats of the National Assembly. While there were 8,396 candidates running for 577 general seats of the four provincial assemblies - Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
- The PTI won 114 of the 269 seats contested in the National Assembly (NA).
- Shehbaz Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) won 62 seats. He had earlier rejected the results, alleging widespread fraud and manipulation.
- The Pakistan People's Party (PPP) landed on the third place with 43 seats.
- The Pakistan election commission which issued results for 261 seats. For the remaining 9 seats, the result is still pending as votes are still being counted.
- Imran Khan’s PTI now falls short of the 137 seats needed for a majority in the National Assembly
READ: List of probable cabinet members under Imran Khan
As per media reports, here is the result of political parties in terms of provinces
- PTI has won 109 seats in NA, 118 in Punjab, 20 in Sindh, 66 in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and four in Balochistan.
- PML-N has bagged 63 in NA, 127 in Punjab, 0 in Sindh, five in KP and just a single seat in Balochistan.
- PPP has won 42 seats in NA, 6 in Punjab, 71 in Sindh, 4 in KP and 0 in Balochistan.
The official results of 20 seats in NA, 6 in Punjab, 11 in Sindh, 2 in KP and 5 in Balochistan are yet to be announced by the ECP.
On Wednesday, the voting began at 8: 30 am (IST) and ended at 6:30 pm (IST) at 85,000 polling stations. The counting of votes began on spot soon after polling was concluded. Ahead of the 11th general election polling, Pakistan saw intense campaigning by candidates from key parties - Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) (PML-N), Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan's Peoples Party(PPP).
Around 220 million ballot papers were printed for the election. The colour of ballot paper for the National Assembly was green, whereas white coloured paper was used for the Provincial Assembly.
In the previous elections, PML-N, led by former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, emerged as the largest party with 166 seats out of a total of 342 in the National Assembly. Sharif was disqualified as the Prime Minister and as a Member of the National Assembly in July last year after the Panama Papers case decision which made Shahid Khaqan Abbasi as the 18th Prime Minister of Pakistan by the National Assembly in August 2017.
National Unity Day: A tribute to Sardar Patel | Master Stroke
What all changed after J&K officially bifurcated into 2 UTs? | Master Stroke
Israeli spyware Pegasus snooped on Indian Journalists through Whatsapp | Master Stroke
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut Meets Sharad Pawar
Drill displays IED diffused with the help of a robot by NSG
Article 370 only gave separatism and terrorism to J&K: PM Modi in Kevadiya
Let us work towards making India $5 trillion economy: Modi To Trainee Civil Servant | Full Speech
Radio Stations in Jammu, Srinagar and Leh renamed
Jammu and Kashmir to witness 'Acche Din'? | Seedha Sawal
Expert advice on how to survive poor air quality in Delhi-NCR